Top Trending Posts

January 30, 2013

Honey As A Beauty Regiment



Banish-zits-with-honey-barbies-beauty-bits

Click Here To Check Out My YouTube Video This Topic

Well I Bee,   I’ve heard talks about honey, and that it has great antibacterial factors, therefore the past two weeks, I’ve been adding into my beauty regiment.  And let me tell you, I love it so much that it now has a permanent spot in my bathroom with my facial products.

What does it work great on?

Blemishes, and boy does it work.  Unfortunately, when I get under a lot stress, which sometimes my daytime job causes, I will get a break out in the same place on my face.  It is one of these unsightly ones that just appears with no warning.   For the past year, I’ve been using eye drops on this irritated area, which has been my secret weapon to banishing the zits! But honey, let me tell you, you are my new sweet love.


I tried a variety of beauty recipes with honey, and will share some of the best today.


BB Bit 1:

A fantastic recipe combining both eye drops and honey, and it’s just an appliqué.


Eye Drops:  I apply the eye drops to the blemish first, by adding a few drops to a cotton ball and gently covering the blemish. Why does this help? Because the eye drops contain vasoconstrictors, which will shrink the blood vessels, hence reducing the inflammation & redness!   I then will take a Q-tip and add a drop of honey on it, I apply it right on top of the irritated area and leave it over night.  When I wake up the next morning, the inflammation is down and there have been times where the zit has completely vanished.



BB Bit 2:

Lemon-and-honey-face-masks-barbies-beauty-bits
A sweet & sour mask.  This mask is a combination of lemon & honey.  The mixture works wonders as the citric acid in the lemon helps to shrink the pores, exfoliate, and maintains your PH levels, whereas the honey's antibacterial factors banish the zit.


How To Make This:

  • Get 1 lemon and squeeze it into a bowl.
  • Add about 2 tablespoon of honey and mix.
  • You’re almost ready to apply, but before you do, you want to make sure you have your hair pulled back. Otherwise it will get stuck in the honey on your face.
  • Apply  the concoction to your clean face in a circular motion for a few minutes.
  • Leave mask on your face for about 15 more minutes.
  • Wash off.
Bzzz, I Have One More…


BB Bit 3:
I got this bit from my friend Teresa, who you’ve heard me make mention before.  It is not for blemishes but rather used on a cut.   The honey has great soothing effects, combined with its antibacterial factors; it shields as a protective layer over the cut.


How To:  
Simply apply the honey over the minor wound and cover with a bandage.

Stay Connected With Me
 


Share:

13 comments

  1. I am going to try to eye drops and honey. Thanx so much, you always have great bits as you call them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. Make sure to keep checking back. I've been trying out some new bits with coffee and it will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cut suggestion, my grandmother always did this when we were kids. I still do it till this day, my husband always thought I was crazy until he tried it, now he's a believer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinagar and then honey works too. Honey also brings blood to the surface to promote healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know people have been using honey on wounds since ancient Egypt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks for sharing the with everyone though!
      Hope you have a beauty-ful day
      ~Barbie

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I didn't ever know/think about using eye-drops topically, but it totally makes sense!
    I'm all about using natural products. Great ideas!

    (Can't wait to read what you do with coffee! ...possibly a natural "fake tan"? I've done that with tea before.)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most certainly and thanks for stopping by my page! Coffee, there is so much you can do with it...tan, scrubs, dyes and more!

    Until Next Time,
    ~Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the best posts! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome photo, it first brought me to your page! I love honey it works wonders, I've been using it for years. My father was in the military and honey was a infection cure he shared with us, along with similar tips that you mentioned. Keep up the great posts, I'm an avid follower of your website.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honey is sweet, literally. Thanks for sharing this post
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just recently did a month long thing on my blog to see whether honey really works to get clearer skin. Let me just say, as soon as I stopped using it my jawline broke out like crazy again! I'm with you and honey has a new spot in the bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did try lemon and honey worked wonders

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE Comments and Questions and look forward to reading them. However, please refrain from comments that contain advertisements or referral links as they will not be shared. Nor will Anonymous Users because of spam, sorry.

© Barbie's Beauty Bits | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig