Top Trending Posts

March 12, 2013

No More Oily Hair



Tips_For_No_Oily_Hair_Barbie's_Beauty_Bitd

So while I was at the salon today, I had an unique conversation with my stylist on how often I wash my hair a week.  Being beauty obsessed, I knew that it is not a good idea to wash your hair a lot.  My stylist has always told me to go as long as you can.  But today she informed me that I could add one more day to my regimen, but why?  Because we can train our hair to be oily, on the same token to be less oily. What???

How_Often_You_Should_Wash_Your_Hair_By_Barbie's_Beauty_Bits

So this sparked today’s tip:  How To Stop Stressing Over Oily Hair. With the first BB Bit, being: Don’t overdo shampoo.  Although washing your hair can appear to be clean it actually can harm your hair, especially if you are one of those that think you have to wash your hair every day.  As the truth stands, cleaning it every day makes it more oily.  And this is why.  Over-washing strips your locks of all of its protective oils, and because of this your body compensates, by actually producing additional oil.  Each time you wash your tresses, the more oils your scalp produces.  Therefore, instead of daily washing go every other day.  And if you are currently going every other day, try every third day for a while.  Over time, you’ll be able to go to washing your hair twice weekly.

BB Bit 2: Factors. Although the above is true, hormones, styling products, and nutrition can also play a part. With food, I always go by this rule; we are what we eat.

BB Bit 3: A tip to brush against. Brushing your hair helps distribute sebum (the oily secretion of the sebaceous glands, whose ducts open into the hair follicles, lubricating the skin and hair). Hence, if you are one of those that have to regularly brush your hair, you are causing the sebum gland to excrete more oils onto your scalp, causing your hair to become oily quicker.

BB Bit 4: Products to Help...

  • Tea tree oil works great. Bumble and Bumble has some great products.  I love their Tonic.  It a is spray for your hair that has a blend of herbs, vitamins and Tea Tree oil.
  • Dry Shampoos can give you an extra day; my favorite is Klorane
  • Use a shampoo that doesn’t create a lot of suds. Tons of lathering suds are worse for your hair. As these shampoos more than likely have tons of moisturizers in them.  Instead, choose a Sulfate-free product, as these types leave these build-up in hair.

So there you have it another Tuesday tip. Also, make sure to stay tuned as I will be sharing with you some Pantry to Pretty tips on how to make your own dry shampoo.


Have any tips on keeping your hair oil free, let us know.  

Resources:
Share:

4 comments

  1. Thank you for advices...
    You have a lovely blog, I am your newest follower via GFC and blogvin, I found you from Monday Beauties Blog Hop. If you would like to check out my blog if you have time
    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, hope my tips were helpful. Also, I started following you on bloglovin' if you could return the favor, I'd greatly appreciate it! I really like your blog as well, you are talented with your creative makeup techniques.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      Barbie
      http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4570015/barbies-beauty-bits

      Delete
  2. Hi! I am in need of hair advice....I'm one of those people who has very oily hair. Even when I wash every other day, my hair is really greasy by the end of that second day and I even have sore spots on my scalp. But seeing as how I exercise 6 days per week, not washing my hair daily is not an option. How can I keep my hair from being too dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should not wash your hair every day. When you do this it strips essential oils form your hair. I would suggest taking some steps to eliminate you having to wash your hair daily. For example...
      -Some options if your hair is dirty from working out:
      -Make sure to wear your hair up when working out, remove as much possible from your face
      -Don’t wear a hat when working out
      -DRY Shampoo works wonders! It will give you another day of hair
      -I'm not sure if you do this, but you shouldn't touch your hair alot. When you do, you add oil from your hands to your hair.
      -Always sleep with your hair up or on a silk pillow case
      -When you conditioner your hair, make sure that you are putting it on the ends of your hair. If you apply it to the scalp area, it will leave a film, which attracts dirt and builds up, making your hair appear dirtier than it really is.
      -The type of shampoo you use could also be the cause of some irritation. Tea Tree Oils work great
      -With regards to the sores, I am not a medical professional, so I would recommend going to a dermatologist for that, or ask your PCP, what your best option is.

      I hope I was of some help.

      Delete

We LOVE Comments and Questions and look forward to reading them. However, please refrain from comments that contain advertisements or referral links as they will not be shared. Nor will Anonymous Users because of spam, sorry.

© Barbie's Beauty Bits | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig